SUFFOLK PRIVATE MIDWIFERY SERVICES
Having a baby should be a wonderful and special experience.
Suffolk Private Midwives, would like to offer you a personalised, one-to-one midwifery service, working in partnership with Private Midwives Ltd. Services include antenatal care, postnatal care, enhanced breastfeeding support, home birth and hospital packages. Your care will be family focused and tailor made for your own individual needs, and all in the comfort of your own home.
Specifically designed for those families who would love to experience the 'personal touch' and true individualised care.
We are pleased to still be able to offer face to face appointments and hands on care during this tricky and uncertain time
Call us today, for an informal chat about our packages and the care we provide and find out how we can support and empower you and help you navigate your way through pregnancy and parenthood.
MEET A MIDWIFE : SUFFOLK PRIVATE MIDWIVES
Joanna Dennison-Bird RM
I have been a registered Midwife since 2003, and have been an Independent Midwife since 2005, until 2021. I am currently a self-employed midwife, working within the 'Private Midwives' family.
I have been lucky enough to have had the privilege of helping and supporting women and their families through-out their pregnancies and into their transition to parenthood for over 20 years. I feel passionate about empowering women to achieve a positive and rewarding experience. I specialise in natural child birthing techniques and offer complimentary therapies, including aromatherapy, reflexology, homeopathy, Rebozo/optimal fetal positioning, and relaxation/hypnobirth techniques. I am fully committed in supporting you to take an active role in your pregnancy and birth.
On a more personal note, I am a mother of 4 beautiful children, 3 of whom are now fully grown and my youngest son, who is school age. We live close to Newmarket, Suffolk, with our a very naughty rescue dog, Bella.
How I Assist
As a midwife, I pride myself in providing you and your partner with safe and effective, one-to-one care and support, using the best available research-based evidence and guidance, so that you are able to make fully informed decisions. Care can begin early pregnancy, until your baby is 4 weeks old.
If you would prefer a shortened period of care, there is a package which begins at 30 weeks of pregnancy, includes a birth package and postnatal care until your baby is ten days old.
If you require just pregnancy care, or postnatal care only, then I am very flexible and able to facilitate this for you, and I have an excellent enhanced breast feeding support service, for your baby's first week.
Unfortunately, I do feel uncomfortable in providing just home birth services on there own and so I do not offer a 'home birth only' package.
If you feel unsure about which package is best for you, then just give me a call on 07754538701, for an informal chat and advice. Pleased be advised to book for care early - as I provide one-to-one care, I am restricted to the number of clients I have on my case-load at any one time.
Suffolk Private Midwifery Services are part of the Private Midwives Ltd family, so your care is fully insured and contracted with Private Midwives Ltd.
Informative and Compassionate
Beginning our relationship with an informal meet and greet, as your Midwife I am committed to your health and the well-being of your growing family, available whenever needed throughout your entire pregnancy as well as after giving birth. I will be there to provide you with continuous emotional and physical support, and answer any and all questions you may have.
* 24/7 telephone advice and support, direct to my own personal mobile telephone number for 'booked' clients. (This service is only available to patients of Suffolk Private Midwives, not a general public information service)
* One-to-one antenatal visits are conducted in the comfort of your own home and are family friendly.
*Antenatal care to include all routine antenatal checks and any emergency call-outs.
* Checks are friendly and caring, but professional and planned to last around 45 minutes to one hour. However these may run longer, if you have lots of questions or concerns. I never want you to feel rushed or that you don't have the time to ask all the questions you want.
* Organising your required diagnostic screening, blood test's and ultrasound with your chosen hospital, or through Private Midwives Ltd.
* Parent Education is specifically designed around your own personal needs and all one-to-one.
* An informative and detailed 'labour and birth' discussion and planning appointment at around 34-36 weeks gestation for you and your partner.
* Support and advice in writing your birth plan.
* Optimal fetal positioning using 'Spinning Babies' techniques and Rebozo.
* Complimentary therapies for pregnancy, including massage, reflexology, aromatherapy and Hypnobirth.
Supportive and empowering
I specialise in home water birth and have had many years of experience and knowledge in supporting and empowering women to trust their bodies. I encourage you to utilise your own instincts during childbirth, so that with my care and guidance, you are able to achieve a positive, rewarding and safe birth experience.
Your birth is very special, and you should be treated with care and respect - always! So, with this in mind, it is very important to me that your labour is based on your own personal needs and I strive to offer you flexibility and control. My aim is for you to take an active role in birthing your baby and to fully experience that most precious of moments.
This philosophy is not just for home birth, but can also be incorporated into any hospital or birth unit environment, to support you in achieving the best outcome possible.
Your midwife/client relationship continues
Following your baby's birth, hourly visits continue on a daily basis to begin with. This is to establish that you and your baby are physically and emotionally recovering after your delivery. Depending on your well-being, previous experience and personal wishes, these visits gradually become less over the next 4 weeks - usually to every other day, then every third or fourth day, as you become more and more confident, until you are coping independently with your new baby.
* One to one postnatal care for you and your baby for the first 4 weeks - all in the comfort of your own home, also with enhanced breastfeeding support included, during your baby's first week.
* 24/7 telephone consultancy continues, as before, for reassurance and advise.
* Physical well-being checks for you and baby, to make sure you are healing and recovering, following your baby's birth.
* Hands on guidance,advise and support with breastfeeding your baby.
* Regular baby weight checks, using specially designed mobile electronic scales.
* Help with baby care - everything from changing his nappy or bathing, to soothing a 'gassy' baby.
* Information and help in acquiring birth certificates and registering your baby.
For a list of packages and fee's, please scroll down, or if you dont see the package you require, then contact us to discuss your care requirements.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07754538701 to speak with Jo
“Having Jo as my midwife, had a profound and lasting impact on my confidence in birth and motherhood. Jo's demeanour, knowledge and support, gave both my Husband and I confidence and she was essential to my positive experience and physical and emotional recovery. Jo had a special ability to make me feel like my baby was the most special baby she had ever held.''
Rebecca Bosch Slone
“My pregnancy experience with Jo, goes beyond birth. It began with my care during pregnancy and I formed a friendship with a wonderful woman. If I could keep Jo with me everyday, I would! Her smile and contagious happiness is the perfect asset to have on any day, but especially during this special time.”
“Both my Husband and I met with Jo and immediately felt at ease and confident with her support. Through-out my pregnancy we developed a great relationship, so that when I found I was pregnant with my second baby, Jo was one of the first people we called.”